August 24, 2009

il Palazzo

The Lord has blessed me in many, many ways - the following is the most recent, which I'd like to share: For the next months, I’m house-sitting for my boss while she is out on vacation (blurry work/personal life lines? yes.) Actually, Amanda’s house is the largest in all of Gulu and the newest, circa March 2009 – I have entitled it the Palace.

The Palace is already furnished, so all I have to do is live here. I think there are 11 bedrooms, including a master suite complete with jacuzzi/bath. The house has a wrap-around balcony on the second floor, which lets me watch the sunrise & sunset, as well as any passers-by (this is the highest point for at least a mile, so I get a good view). I have a dear maid named Kety (who brings her adorable daughter to work – Faith is 2, and possibly my favorite person in Gulu). I also get a gardener named Ronaldo.




Before you completely write me off due to housing jealousy – remember I won’t get to spend many waking hours here…






Here are some snaps of the wrap-around balcony, views from the balcony, and the upstairs sitting room:



























No comments:

Post a Comment