May 20, 2012

Jerry's Journey

Friends, I realize you may be wondering how our friend Jerry is getting along - (the bug that I found in my bathroom, remember?).  Well, he has been quite busy - Thursday and Friday he made two circuits around the walls of the bathroom.  This is as far as I know - he may have made more, but I only was around for 2.

Then Saturday afternoon, he perched right next to the bathroom door for a few hours, and eventually snuck his way out of the bathroom into the main bedroom.  I know, big exciting stuff for a big bug!  He really could have done this at any time, because the bathroom door is at least 2 inches off the ground - but I didn't tell him that.  Some things a bug must learn on his own.

All this while, I've been reminding him of our pact - official isolationism.  I don't kill him, and he doesn't lay any eggs (or leave the bathroom, but he modified that part slightly).  Despite Jerry's liberal interpretation of our pact, I left him to wander my room unhindered - he really is an explorer at heart.

Well, when I arrived home um, late Saturday night (ok fine, it was really Sunday morning) - tragedy!  I found Jerry sprawled out near my "vanity" area (really just a sink where I put my vitamins and toothbrush), on his back!  quelle horreur!  Pauvre Jerry, what will we do with him?  I thought he was dead and was goign to scoop him up and give him a proper burial, until I saw a slight wiggle of one of his antenna.  Folks, Jerry is still alive at this moment - I don't have the heart to kill him.  I really don't know what step to take, but I fear his time is near.


*quick note to say, yes, there are other things happening here than me sitting around watching a mammoth winged grasshopper who may or may not have a stinger wander around my room.  I just thought you might enjoy this peak into rustic Juba life.

No comments:

Post a Comment