September 4, 2009

reading, reading, reading

I typically try to buy lots of paperbacks to haul across the Atlantic and leave them for the little mini-library I started over here. This time I found myself with a number of hardbacks (thanks to a used bookstore that Becky & I found in Fredericksburg)... Martha - in response to your request for my Africa reading list, here goes:

-Confessions of a Spy, Pete Earley
-Theodore Rex, Edmund Morris
-I know why the caged bird sings, Maya Angelou
-The early writings of John Gerstner (borrowed from Mom -thank you, and I will not donate this one!)
-Know your Christian Life, Sinclair Ferguson (also borrowed - thanks Mom)
-For whom the bell tolls, Ernest Hemmingway
-To the Lighthouse, Virginia Wolfe
-Imperial Hubris, Scheuer

I might not have lugged quite so many books if I had realized that Amazon actually ships to Gulu!! nice to know for next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment