September 6, 2009

Weekend highlights

In no particular order, here are some moments to relish from a typical Gulu weekend:

1. There was a frog in my downstairs toilet last night. I chose the ‘avoidance’ strategy and found another bathroom – still am not sure if he was alive or dead… Am going to let my maid handle that one.
2. Attended a break dance practice that my organization is sponsoring – the performances start in 2 weeks, and are going to be slammin. Later met up with the instructors in a nightclub, and got to see two of the top break dancers in Uganda show off their moves. I think there might be a class this week? I will so be there.
3. Somebody cleaned the Gulu pool – as of Saturday afternoon, I could actually see to the bottom – very exciting.
4. Tried out a new church today, and felt so blessed by communion and singing familiar songs (Glorious things of thee are spoken, Onward Christian soldiers). It’s considered quite strange to cry in public here, but God’s presence was so present during worship – I couldn’t help it.
5. No internet or power for the past few days – was unable to check my work email, and now feel refreshed.
6. Ate spaghetti and watched the men’s 3rd round at the U.S. Open at a friend’s place last night. Yum and yum.
7. Sunday afternoon rainstorms from the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment