October 5, 2009

10, 9, 8....

The days are getting shorter, the weather chilly - the wind bites your nose as you walk out the door... oh no wait, wrong introduction. The days are still long, the weather perfect, and the only thing that bites are the cruel mosquitoes. I'm getting ready to leave Uganda in 9 days (remember how it took me 2 weeks to mentally prep for this trip?).

I haven't figured out how to deal with leaving foreign countries, really. I say bye, give giant hugs, and hold back the tears. At least for Uganda I will probably come back, but I never know how soon that will be. Goodbyes are tough.

I'm normally so tired that I konk out during takeoff on the first plane ride, no meds necessary. By the time I wake up, the flight attendants are serving food I haven't seen in weeks - cheese, crackers, chocolate pudding (I never eat the chocolate pudding - it is disgusting).

Anyway - part of what's making me ready to leave Uganda is this: on the way back, I am meeting my girl Sarah in Milano, Italia for a wild weekend of italian fun. Uganda, Milan, DC? Oh yes.

Here are some pics from this trip - some of my favorite memories all around:
Breakdance for peace & positive social change














little kids, about to receive baseball caps:














Faith: my favorite



































Local Dancers - fierceness personified:






















a letter from Sarah-- Spain to Uganda


















how do I even begin to explain----

No comments:

Post a Comment