April 4, 2011

noah's ark part 2

I was awakened this morning by the sound of rain. Inside my room. Eyes opened and immediately I'm in emergency mode - there is water POURING from the light fixtures in the entrance area of my room. Called the front desk, and then decided I couldn't wait for them to arrive since the water was already seeping into the carpet and through my suitcase. I guess I knew I wouldn't be heading back for a while - grabbed my computer, phone, & money and fled. This is why you always sleep with such things nearby - our security people would call it a grab bag. It was like running through the rain, which at least provided proof and sympathy to the hotel people. Now I'm sitting in the lobby, soaked, watching them run back and forth with umbrellas to try to figure out the problem. (I offered to help, but they declined) I keep expecting others to downstairs with the same problem - but it seems to just be me at the moment. it's kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment