April 5, 2012

KLM

There are some days I feel like a KLM princess.  Like today, when the nice Dutch hostess at the KLM lounge asked what my status was.  Platinum.  That's right, and I worked hard for it (or at least sat in numerous uncomfortable economy-class seats for 16+ hour journeys).  On my earlier flight, the attendant walked up to me and asked my meal preference prior to any of the other passengers - because she saw that I'm a frequent flyer and wanted to make sure I got the meal I wanted.

Recently, KLM has upgraded their wardrobe for flight attendants - precious.  But more importantly, they've upgraded plane tv screens and the in flight menu!  Yep, I actually - wait for it - enjoyed my dinner on the flight last night.  I never thought I would see the day.

Other times, I'm confused - like the music selection here in the lounge has been everything from the Beatles to Alicia Keys... a compendium of soft rock, I guess?  I'm pretty sure Eugene Levy is sitting here in the lounge.  Or perhaps it's his older brother.  Or when the snooty KLM lady tells me there's no possibility of changing my ticket without paying at least $500, and that I must be ridiculous to think otherwise.  Confusing.

So far, this trip has been successful - but I'm headed for the next 8 1/2 hour leg, during daylight, to the Nairobi airport (which I despise), to pick up more bags than I've ever traveled with.  In my life.  Here goes nothing!



No comments:

Post a Comment